Final Project Proposal

For my final project I am considering doing a series of black and white photos that are edited darkly and have the feeling of night/darkness even if they were taken during the day. I have just been intrigued by this aesthetic lately and would seek to recreate the same mood that I get from seeing other examples, from late night thunderstorms, and from certain songs. I plan to use my own photos that I have previously taken as much as I can. I will be editing on photoshop and am considering making gifs. If I choose not to make them into gifs, I plan to print them in a way different than normal, though I am not sure as to how I would do that yet. My number of images will likely be on the higher side, but as they might be combined I still plan to stick to 5 overall works (or I might do a bunch of small ones). My influences have honestly been from some tumblr aesthetics that I've seen recently. I also am thinking about incorporating some text to further that aesthetic.

Another idea I had was to do a series of looking out through windows (dark inside, bright outside, showing frame). I like the visual aspect this creates as well as the narrative of looking out. These would also be as much from my own photos as I can. I would edit the photos in photoshop and would most likely have them as a printed product. I could possibly give them the x-ray feel through backlighting or create physical frame or use the common frame of blackness to connect them as if they were a panorama. I would expect to finish with 5 pieces. I don't have any specific influences for this except for the general photographs that you see using windows as lenses or frames, and the final medium that I settle on would be how I expand that.

Comments